- Improvement: Several minor cosmetic fixes.
- Improvement: Backup synchronization bug fix.
Version 184.108.40.206 Wednesday 3/15/2017
- Improvement: Setup program now allows user to chose installation folder.
- Change: Now auto update works only – Either you run tagEZ as administrator. Or install it outside of Program Files
Version 220.127.116.11 Monday 3/6/2017
- Bug: On Windows 7 root level photos weren’t picked up.
Version 18.104.22.168 Thursday 3/2/2017
- Feature: Resume on restart option. When checked, tagEZ will automatically resume its operation. If it was active during a copmuter shutdown.
Version 22.214.171.124 Wednesday 3/1/2017
- Feature: Now tagEZ can automatically backup user’s photo or any other files they like.
- Feature: User can enable up to two destinations for backup.
- Feature: User can decide if they like to backup their files, daily or two times a day.
- Feature: Backup is incremental. So after first time, it’s very fast.
- Improvement: If user have auto update pre-selected, now tagEZ do not prompt them to update on launch. This will change further to a baloon msg box, in next version.
- Improvement: Not all the upgrades are automatically possible. tagEZ will not auto update only for minor upgrades. While it will notify user of major upgrades that should be handled manually. Though it will be very rare.
Version 126.96.36.199 Saturday 2/12/2017
- Improvement: Brand new UI and extra page for to be added new settings
Version 188.8.131.52 Wednesday 2/8/2017
- Feature: Check for update during startup, so all users running exact same version.
- Feature: Ability to rename existing album remotely.
- Improvement: When renaming folders, respect the casing that user provided.
- Improvement: Removed a confusing email to user. During the case when most albums are shown.
Version 184.108.40.206 Monday 1/30/2017
- Improvement: UI improvement added tool tips.
- Improvement: Added help link for first time user.
- Improvement: Updated some messages so first time user find it easier..
Version 220.127.116.11 Sunday 1/22/2017
- Improvement: Improved performace during indexing.
- Improvement: Lot more automation.
Version 18.104.22.168 Thursday 1/18/2017
- Feature: Changed organization schema to suit more users.
- Improvement: List of minor improvement to publish at CNET
Version 22.214.171.124 Thursday 1/5/2017
- Feature: It now parses hierarchy of folder, and flatten it to include in output folder name. So for example when you have a folder like – John \ Diploma ceremony \ Cake cutting -> It produces output folder – John Diploma Ceremony Cake cutting.
- Feature: When no human readable name possible ( for example Nikon default folder 103D7100 ), it ignore folder name suggestions and create YYYY-MM-DD folder. Later these folders are emailed to user to inquire for event details. And keywords from user’s email are appended to the folder name to give them meaningful name. Of course tagging works still all along like before it auto tag check box checked.
- Improvement: Instead of continuously checking for commands from user ( over email ). Now it introduces delay based on Fibonacci numbers. So if users is not interacting at the moment there is no need to check emails. Delay in the sequence of 1 minute then 2 then 3 then 5 then 8 then 13 in as Fibonacci sequence. Once a request received, sequence is reset.
Version 126.96.36.199 Sunday 1/1/2017
- Improvement: Upon receive command failuer, now tagEZ delays check for new commands exponantially.
- Improvement: When check for update fails instead of dumping detailed exception, tagEZ logs user friendly message.
Version 188.8.131.52 Thursday 12/22/2016
- Feature: Health check improved. More detailed reporting on memory consumption.
- Feature: Replaced our POP3 client, earlier clien was hard to maintain and had memory leaks.
Version 184.108.40.206 Friday 12/16/2016
- Feature: User can chose if they want auto update enabled.
- Feature: Added routine healthcheck, to detect and log overall health of the application, indicating for how many hours its running.
- Lot of unncessary log removed. For parts which are running for ages with no issues.
- New Tests: Automated update being run frequently for more than 48 hours without any issue.
Version 220.127.116.11 Friday 12/09/2016
- Several major updates this release.
- Feature: Supports Nikon RAW format .NEF.
- Feature: Supports CANON RAW format.
- Feature: Supports PNG format.
- Feature: Now auto update first trys out a test to determine if auto update is even possible. When it’s not possible, then don’t try to autoupdate, rather inform user.
- Bug: Use to auto stop after 7 days of continuous run. Nasty bug fixed now.
Version 18.104.22.168 Friday 11/11/2016
- Improvement: Removed a lot of unnecessary logs, it was too much noise.
- Improvement: Design improvements – Lot of separation in tasks. No inter thread dependencies anymore.